Addison's finally starting to get back to her normal self. I can see a few teeth coming in, so that on top of a nasty cold equals one angry baby! Yesterday I had a break from both baby and school. I did a little shopping while she stayed with Grandma. I'm told she had a great time dancing, checking out the Christmas tree, and playing with all the kittens.
I bought all my gifts a while back but still needed some stocking stuffers and had to (finally) put up Addison's Advent calendar. This year she's getting LeapFrog's Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set. Most days will be one random letter, but there are some snacks in there as well. On the 25th she'll get an ornament and the remaining pieces to put it all together on the fridge.
I have no idea what anyone's getting her for Christmas. I had a few toys we had been looking at for her for her birthday, and she got every single one! Now our house is over-flowing so who knows what this month will bring, or where we'll put everything. I'm trying to stick with the four present rule from us, as well as one thing from Santa. Something she wants, something she needs, something to wear, and something to read. Check back with me in a few years and I'll let you know how we're doing.
As for me, I've been reading, reading, reading. I've never been stressed about an exam until now. The one on Friday is worth 70% of my grade! 70! It's a subjective final, where I'll be asked to write short essays on a select group of topics that we've discussed this semester. I have a decent grade going in but I'm worried because a) 70% is an awful lot, and b) I don't know that much about the topics for this half, compared to those we discussed for the midterm. I was much more interested in that half than this. It's also hard to buckle down and read about child soldiers or terrorism for a day, while you have a baby attached to your feet. I think I've got the basics down pat. Hopefully. Wish me luck!
I'm considering applying for a few local jobs in the new year just to get out of the house a few times a week. We'll see. I think it would be good for me to have some adult company, and good for Addison to spend more time with the Grandparents. I'm so thankful that I am able to stay at home full-time with her but part of me wants a little change. Again, we'll see.



No comments:
Post a Comment