Sunday, June 10, 2012

180

My last post was very 'puppies and rainbows.' I'm great! We're great! They're great! Everything is great!

After writing that, my tenant came over to tell me they're moving August 1. It's the least of my concerns, but it is still a big issue to deal with. As much as she drives me crazy at times, they're good tenants. They pay the rent and don't trash the place. It's a bit of a unique design over there, and I think it might be a hard sell. Thankfully Isaac is not concerned. We're both actually looking forward to dedicating time in August to update and clean everything. I was seven months pregnant when they moved in. They didn't mind the current decorations, so we basically cleaned everything, and let them move in. Once they're out, it will be kind of nice to give everything a good scrub, take down the 1950's wallpaper, and paint it all to match what we've done here. Then the search will be on to find nice, reliable tenants.

On a more serious note, I recently found out my Grandad's throat cancer has returned after ten years of being clean. He is 90 years old and will not be getting any type of treatment. It's just too invasive, and he's otherwise healthy. It's not affecting his day-to-day life. Cancer is rampant on both sides of my family, and every case is just as scary as the next.

I also heard from my cousin, regarding her middle child. Austin is 15, has high-functioning Autism, and suffers from Grand-Mal seizures. He has finally received a diagnosis (great news), but the "solution" is nothing short of terrifying. He has lesions on his temporal lobe, which are causing the problems listed above. On July 9, he will head back to Sick Kids Hospital where they will monitor the activity of the lesions for a few days. He will then have a second surgery to remove both the lesions and probes. He is expected to be in hospital for 2-3 weeks, and will then have a lengthy recovery of different therapies at home. The end goal is hopefully reducing the seizures, and also helping with his learning disability.

Please, if you're reading this, keep my family in mind. I'm not one to pray, but I'll be thinking of both of them often, hoping my Grandad and cousin get through everything okay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment