October - January is pretty crazy in my household with birthdays and holidays. Even more so this year with all that's been going on lately.
I haven't seen Ryan since Addison's birthday. He's been working in New Brunswick for a month straight, comes home for one weekend, and goes right back out again. I don't know how Nicole has kept her sanity.
That would be why he was unable to make the trip to see Grandad. My parents and I went for a long, highway-free drive to see him last month. At 91 years old, he is still in great shape. He lives in a second floor walk up, loves walking around town, and is still as quick as a whip. Sadly, after nearly ten years of being in remission, his cancer has returned. He was hoping he could avoid treatment but had to go through surgery this week to have his larynx completely removed. Surgery went well and he'll be moved to a treatment centre soon. All three girls will be with him daily, rotating between them, going two at a time. Hopefully I'll soon be able to introduce him to Isaac and Addison, and Ryan to his family.
My parents moved this weekend. It's the best decision for everyone, but I'm still a little sad to see my childhood house sit empty.
Megan and I have started making and selling our greeting cards! She was in the right place at the right time, and set up a deal with a woman in her town who runs a boutique. She liked what she saw and put in a few orders right away. We're hoping to find a second location here and offer cards for all occasions, invitations, and various other paper party supplies. Happy Mailbox is taking off!
Isaac is still working away in the hospital. Addison and I went to see him recently and it was a total bust. She got into everything at the apartment and wouldn't sleep at night. There isn't much within walking distance and our attempted shopping trips to the Eaton Centre and Vaughan Mills mall were complete failures. I don't plan on bringing her back any time soon.
Addison is picking up new words every day. Just this week she started saying "See day-der" (See you later) when someone leaves. She's obsessed with jumping on the couch and pushing her baby in her doll stroller. I don't remember the last time she slept through the night. The doctor thinks she might be experiencing night terrors :(



No comments:
Post a Comment