Five weeks already...You've been rolling from your back to your side(s) since you were three weeks old. That makes me worry about how quickly you'll be doing everything. Didn't expect this much movement so soon! You're really trying to hold your head up now, especially when you're lying on someone's chest. You're getting the hang of it, though that poor head of yours is often getting whipped around when you get too excited. You'll lift it, then something will get your attention and it just flies from one side to the next. It doesn't seem to bother you, thankfully. You're officially smiling now too. That happened around 3 1/2 weeks. At first babies kind of smile here and there but really it's just a reflex. Now you can see it in your whole face when you're happy and really focused. It's adorable. What else are you doing? You've learned how to burp pretty regularly, which makes eating a much happier experience for both of us. You'll feed from one side for a bit, let out a big ole burp, then keep going. Well not always that easily, because you fall asleep so easily when you're eating, but that's the basic goal and it seems to be going well.
You like being put up on our shoulders now and laying on people's chests. You didn't like that at first but now it calms you down pretty darn quickly. It gets hard though when you fall asleep like that so I don't want to move you, but my arm falls asleep. Today I tried to put you in your carrier (just around the house) and you fell asleep in both positions I tried. Good sign! I think you'll like it; you love being carried and being close to someone, so I don't see why not.
The carrier will also make it easier until Nana and I figure out this stroller-fitting-in-the-car business. Wait, before I finish that thought, my mom is going by "Nana." Officially. First she was "Gran," then "Grandma," and finally "Nana." The first seemed old, and the second just didn't fit for her, so Nana it is!
Oh, there I am.
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment