The Santa Clause Parade was last week. Hilarious! Even for a small town parade. It was really short, and full of everything from a goat in a santa hat (with no association, just being walked by its owner down the street) to a fire truck with a "For Sale" sign on it. Classy. There was also a man dressed in a terrible Halloween costume walking with the Curling Club. I guess he was supposed to be a chicken (who knew?) because he held a sign saying "Don't be a chicken; try curling."
You seemed to enjoy yourself when you met Great Grandma last weekend too. She saw you awake, sleeping, happy, and sad. You showed her all sides, and she just loved you! Most of the time when you meet people you're sleeping lol. It was kind of nice that she got to actually see your personality. Since that visit, she has sent you a ton of clothes and toys. I can't even describe how many clothes you have now, it's getting a little overwhelming. Hand-me-downs are one thing but distant family members are spending a lot of money on new outfits and you have so much that I'm afraid you won't be able to wear them all. Seriously. There have already been a few sleepers that you never got a chance to wear because they fit you everywhere but your feet. Your feet are too big! If people insist on getting you clothes - the thought is nice - I'm trying to tell them to go bigger rather than smaller, but it's hard. Baby clothes are "too cute not to buy."
What are you doing these days? Holding your head up and burping up a storm. You're still not sure what to do when we put you on your stomach. You move your legs like you want to crawl already but you don't do anything with your head so it's really awkward for you and hilarious for us to watch. You're still eating well most of the time, though we've had some moments lately where you just stop part-way through and scream for no apparent reason. It looks like you've forgotten how to eat because you just won't go back but you're clearly still hungry, and you don't know where to go. I'm not sure why and it's really difficult, but thankfully it doesn't happen often. As for sleep, you've been doing a lot of that lately. We think it's a growth spurt because you're sleeping and eating for long periods of time during the day and at night. At night you had been sleeping 3-4 hours regularly and now you have periods here and there of 5. One time you even slept for 6 hours straight!
We both had doctors appointments recently. Your last one was December 30 and you were up to 9 lbs 10 oz! Two pounds since birth! That's right on track. Everything looked good and you didn't even pee on the table this time lol. As for me, everything's healing properly and looking good. I basically talked to Dr. Chanda about birth control and the odds of a c-section next time. I don't plan on having any more kids for another two years or so but you just never know. She gave me a prescription for the only pill that won't affect my milk supply, and we discussed VBAC's. The success rate is around 80% but for me personally, unfortunately, it's about 50-60%. Something I hadn't realized was that you didn't fit properly inside of me. You just didn't have enough room. I mean I could see that for myself but I don't remember anyone officially telling me that. I guess they did in the hospital but they tell you a lot when you're exhausted and drugged up, so who knows what you'll actually remember. My body didn't expand quite the way it should have (like my hips, they didn't widen whatsoever) so it would have been difficult for you to get through the birth canal even if you had wanted to (which you didn't). Next time around, I could choose a c-section because of that, or I could choose to try a vaginal delivery. It's up to me. I can't see myself choosing a section, that's for sure! I'll try my best! Let's check back in a year or two and I'll know more. I'm happy with just my baby for now!
Nana and I have conquered the mall with you three times now. The last time we went, I had planned to get your picture taken with Santa, but I forgot your outfit at home. Very sad. Grandma said she'd take us next week, though. We'll go later at night and hope that the lines aren't very long, like they weren't this week. Nana bought you this adorable fancy little black and white dress from Children's Place for only $10! It's black velour on top and the skirt is black and white tule, like a little tutu. I can't wait to see you in it. It's hilarious. You'll hate me when you're 16 for it, I'm sure, but it's too cute. I plan on getting wear out of it with a picture with Santa Claus, Christmas at both grandparents houses, and Megan and Brandon's party.
Meg and Brandon are having a "fancy party" next Friday night. We're not ready to leave you alone with anyone yet because you've never had a bottle before, so you're coming with us. We obviously won't be there long. We'll stop by for a short visit with everyone and leave, but we're all still dressing up anyway. I've gone through my wardrobe and all of my dresses fit me again, so I can't decide which one to wear myself yet. I plan on putting you in a sleeper for all four of the previously listed events and bringing the dress and tights etc. along so that you can't poop or puke on it before everyone sees you.
Oh, there I am.
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment