That's what I did today. I wasted a day with my mom perfecting a brand new paint job on my front hallway, only to discover we were painting over an oil base. As the fantastic paint job dried, it began to peel. As we pulled the paint tape off, it began to peel off even more. We hadn't thought to primer, as the walls were basically white to begin with. The walls are textured, which adds to my frustrating (though they do look pretty when painted properly). We spent forever and a day trying to fix it and touch it all up. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what it looks like. Hopefully it'll be okay and we won't have to start over.
Now I know for next time? Unfortunately we only have three more spots left to paint in the entire house. I've learned my lesson a little too late.
I should probably go to bed now. I've tried to once already and failed miserably. Addison went right out and I felt really tired but just couldn't shut my brain off. Instead, I came downstairs and stared at my new half-ass green walls and did a load of laundry. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment