I am writing this letter to you on behalf of an amazing mother from Louisiana, named Courtney Roth. She is living every mother's worst nightmare of having to raise a sick child on her own.
Courtney's son, Tripp, has a rare, genetic skin condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa, or "EB". His skin is missing the anchors that hold it together, meaning any type of friction causes his skin to blister- inside and out. He was not supposed to live to be a year old, and is now 2.5. Courtney states in her blog that "Tripp doesn't know a day without pain. He wakes up in pain, he goes to bed in pain." He has a breathing tube, he cannot speak, and has lost his eyesight.
October 25th - 31st is EB Awareness week, and I request that you help spread awareness about EB and Tripp's story. Courtney has also entered a contest through Reader's Digest to have Tripp's story published. If she wins, she will be awarded the grand prize of $25,000, which she could put toward her ever-growing hospital bills.
It would mean so much if you would take to your blog and Twitter account as well. Reading her story is heart-breaking, and life changing. In less than three years, Tripp has already touched the lives of so many. Courtney is an amazing woman, and a role model for every Mother out there. A blog entry sums it up nicely:
"I have wanted to be a mom since I was about 12 years old. I have loved children my entire life and dreamed about having children of my own. Am I a good mom? Of course... but for me, there was no other option than to step up to the plate and fight with everything in me to give my child everything he needs- healthy, sick, disabled, or whatever comes our way."
Anything you could to to help share this woman's story would be amazing.
Sincerely,
Vote for Tripp: https://apps.facebook.com/yourlifecontest/content/ebing-mommy
Read more: http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment