At this time last year, we had just come home from the hospital. I was making no progress, so the doctor's had scheduled an induction for October 26. I went in for a different procedure to get that started on the night of the 25. In typical 'unlucky T.J.' fashion, my water broke as soon as we got home, so we basically turned right around and headed back to the hospital. 16.5 hours later, you were here.
Where has this past year gone? Sometimes I look back at newborn pictures and find it hard to believe that you were ever that small. Other times I feel like just yesterday, you were learning to crawl, and the day before that you were learning to sit up on your own. Now you're a walking, talking, soon-to-be toddler.
You love being outside more than anything. It doesn't even matter what we're doing. You can be having an absolute meltdown, and your face lights up the minute you take a breath of fresh air. You say "Mama" and "Dada" somewhat regularly, even if you don't know exactly what those words mean just yet. When Nana tries to get you to say her name, you laugh every single time. You dance like a rock star, shaking your butt and wiggling your shoulders. Adele is your favourite, but Beyonce has also got you moving on more than one occasion. You decided a few days ago that you're too cool to crawl, so you're walking more often than not these days. You like to tickle Mommy's feet, saying "Daydayday," and then laugh about it. You were pretty proud of yourself when you recently learned how to flush the toilet. You love playing with the volleyball, and keyboard, and it's hard to keep you away from any sort of electronics.
You're such a happy, easy-going baby. With four teeth currently coming in at once (making eight total), it can be an absolute nightmare for everyone at times, but your smiles and laughs get us all through the day. It's all worth it, just to see your face light up. The most amazing feeling is when I see the look in your eye every Friday night when Daddy comes home from work. It usually takes you a minute to figure out what's going on as he comes into the house and calls your name, but then it clicks. You smile and laugh, and stomp your way over to him.
You've taught me patience and how to enjoy the little things in life. Sometimes it's hard to be alone all week with a cranky baby, while trying to do school, and keep a clean house. Then I look over at you crawling into the cabinet beside the crockpot eating your own sock. Sometimes all it takes to make you happy is letting you roll an empty container across the floor, or pretending to sneeze (which always makes you laugh).
This year has been amazing. Thank you for being such a wonderful little girl. I'm so happy to have you in my life and I cannot wait to see what this year brings. Happy Birthday, to my favourite little girl in the world. I hope you enjoy it.
Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can describe.
- Mommy xo



No comments:
Post a Comment