Tuesday, April 17, 2012

She'll fall asleep soon, right? Right?

Addison had a few good weeks of pure happiness, free of the hell that is teething. Now it's back with a vengeance.

She won't let me see inside her mouth often, but I know (at least) one canine is slowly starting to make an appearance. It's after midnight and she is squealing like a pig in her crib. I keep checking on her and I've given her everything I can think of, to no avail. This girl is inconsolable while teething. I can't think of any other word to describe it. Nothing helps. I've picked her up just to get her calmed down, but the second I lay her flat she's back at it again. She's in so much pain, and angry that she can't get to sleep. I, in turn, get no sleep. It makes for a very cranky household.

This is the absolute worst.

25 minutes later...Still going strong. She screamed so hard she puked. I picked her up and she bit me, and drew blood. Please tell me she'll fall asleep soon. She's been up since 5:30 with no nap today. Yesterday she got up at 4:30, didn't nap, and went to bed at 7. This teething stuff is for the birds.

20 minutes later (12:51) Cross your fingers that she's down for the count. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment