I've been such a grump since I got hurt. It's beyond frustrating to not be able to take care of yourself, never mind a toddler. I've gone out to the mall twice, just to get out of the house. I'm going stir-crazy. It's difficult, but manageable at this point. Thankfully this injury is not nearly as bad as those in the past, which means I'm in much better shape at two weeks than I was then at a month.
However, that does not mean I'm getting off scott-free. I still need help getting dressed, and getting in and out of the bath tub. I use crutches to slowly go up the stairs, then slide them down next to me as I go downstairs on my bum. I can't put weight on my bad leg yet, which means I can't properly pick up Addison, and put her down in her crib. I can only hold her if I'm sitting comfortably and lift her up in a certain way. She obviously doesn't understand, and it's heartbreaking to hear "Mama up! Up! Maaamaaaaa!" all day. Being on crutches means I might be able to get from room-to-room, but I cannot carry anything. I eat my lunch standing at the counter beside my fridge, and let Addison snack off a plate on the floor. Getting her changed and dressed is quite a feat. I'm kind of glad that it's been so rainy and gross lately, because I feel slightly less guilty for not taking Addison out to run around. When it's just us, my only option is to sit with her on the deck, when what she really wants to do is run laps around the entire house, and go for long walks around town.
I had to turn down a job offer, and pull out of soccer. I didn't get to go to Ottawa for my birthday. While Isaac is at work, Addison and I have spent time with my mom, Nicole, and Kerry. They've been a great help.
I know that these are tiny, insignificant problems in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty sucky when it happens to you.
I should be out of this immobilizer by the weekend, and into a smaller brace, still with crutches. I meet with the doctor on Tuesday for another follow-up. Cross your fingers for a quick, easy recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment