Sunday, January 5, 2014

Purge!

To you, this may look like a pile of junk. To me, it is the beginning of my 100 item purge. I came across this (old) link recently, and thought this was the best time to do it!

EDIT: Since writing this thread, I have joined a FB event dedicated to this. It gives me extra motivation to stay on track, and it's nice to see what others are coming up with.

New year? New house. Clean house. Tidy house. Organized house. CLUTTER.FREE.HOUSE.

Hopefully.

So I recently started piling things up as I tidied. I haven't put too much thought into it yet, just picking up the basics that I realized I hadn't used in ages. The next step (as I clean up after Christmas) is actively going through each room and seeing what needs to be tossed or added to this pile for donations. So far, this is what we've got:
  1. Women's shirts (5)
  2. Women's shorts (4)
  3. Women's sandals, new with tags (1 pair)
  4. Women's scarf
  5. Toddler shirts (4)
  6. Toddler dress
  7. Toddler leggings
  8. Toddler skirts (2)
  9. Toddler shoes (1 pair)
  10. Toddler mittens (1 pair)
  11. Toddler pyjamas (1 pair)
  12. Box set of 4 DVDs
  13. Books (4)
  14. Magazine (1)
  15. Unused bottle nipples (12). I never got to use these, but they were free from the hospital after delivery.
  16. Unused sippy cup
  17. Unused baby sleep positioner, still in box
  18. Baby blanket
  19. Trivial Pursuit board game
  20. Balderdash board game
  21. Play kitchen
  22. Little People barn
  23. Doll
  24. Teddy bear
  25. Dinky cars (2)
  26. Large toy car
  27. Christmas headband
  28. Play necklaces (2)
  29. Unopened pack of temporary tattoos
  30. Karate belts (2)
  31. Large plastic bowl
  32. Mismatched tupperware containers (about 20?)
  33. Box of cutlery
  34. Can opener
  35. Shot glasses (2)
  36. Coffee mugs (10)
  37. Metal cookie cutters (2)
  38. Grill
  39. Bobbins (12)
  40. Paint sponge
  41. Ruler
  42. Coin dish
  43. Magnet
  44. Candle
  45. Christmas ornaments (8)
  46. 1 unused plastic eyelash curler
  47. Unopened mini perfumes (4)
  48. Point-and-shoot camera
  49. Unused cake decorating kit
We're on a roll. Wish us luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment