On June 17 her first tooth finally popped through. I say "finally" because the doctor had been so sure she was teething a while back. Her gums got red and hard (and clearly bothersome) but nothing popped through until now. She had been extra fussy and getting over a cold (related?) and then bam! Isaac noticed a sharp little triangle of white sticking out of her gums one afternoon. Unfortunately that very night she took a big tumble as she scooted around and hit her face hard enough for her mouth to bleed. I called the doctor and kept an eye on it, and all is well now.
We had a yard sale the next day with the neighbours. Addison got to hang out with the 2 1/2 year old girl next door, Arianna, so that was fun. We got rid of some stuff and gave the rest to Value Village last week. It's nice to clean house!
That Monday (June 20), she officially started crawling. It's the funniest thing you'll ever see, but it's 100% crawling. She knows what she's doing but sometimes she'll lift a limb off the ground for no reason and hop along. She likes getting up on her toes, in a plank position, as well. When she gets too excited she'll stop or fall over. It didn't take her long to learn that she could do this and now she doesn't really stop. We're hard-pressed to get her to sit down these days. She wants to be on all fours, and just go, go, go! The words most often heard around here these days are "No, that's Daddy's Xbox." It's her favourite! We need to baby-proof ASAP, which will include finding a new home for the Xbox, games, and movies. They're not contained enough for her right now. It's a challenge, that's for sure.
Continuing the milestone week, she started babbling "mamamamama" and clapping within days later. It's SO cute! On June 29, on the way to Ottawa with Grandma and Grandpa G, I noticed her second tooth popping through. It's been a busy time for this little girl!
Addison and I had a successful trip to Ottawa with Isaac's parents to see his cousin Cherise. We just hung out at her place for a bit, had lunch, went to my old work to see some old co-workers, and then headed home. She was pretty good for most of the trip. Got a little fussy near the end but we stopped for dinner and she was good to go again. She sleeps so easily in the car, which is great.
I think that covers the big stuff she's been up to lately. She started pulling up on everything last week, so she's definitely keeping us busy. I'll try and write more soon, but I need to head to bed. Tomorrow is her first swimming lesson! I swear I'll get caught up here one of these days!



No comments:
Post a Comment