Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 10: Something you're afraid of

I've always been scared of thunderstorms. I'm not really sure why. I can handle the lightning and rain, but the sound of thunder makes me regress to being six years old again. I want to hide away and cry, and curl up with someone I love. When I was young, I used to go into my parents room and sleep on their floor during storms because their room was quieter than mine, and I naively believed (as all children do) that nothing could possibly go wrong if they were there with me.

When I was in University, my friend invited me to a BBQ but it started to rain when I went to catch the bus. I knew the BBQ would still be happening, as he has a covered patio and we could just take the party inside. Alas, at 20 years old, when lightning struck and thunder rolled, I ran back in to my apartment screaming like a baby. The host called within minutes and I didn't have to explain anything. I answered the phone and he said "It's storming outside. Get out of your PJs, and put your clothes back on. I'm coming to get you."

No comments:

Post a Comment