Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I think it's time for a post that's not all baby

"I wanna talk about me.  I wanna talk about I.  I wanna talk about..."  Oh Toby Keith.  How I love thee.  Seriously though, I think it's time to mix it up and give everyone an update on everything else going on in our lives, and start this Blog Challenge.

Isaac and I are loving our new house and baby girl.  He's still in the city Mon-Thurs but that's about to change very soon.  He's taking Paternity Leave!  He'll get the whole last half of it (six-ish months).  I'm so excited!  I'll be staying home too, focusing on school and enjoying being a stay-at-home Mom (SAHM) for now.

We got the house in July and I moved in in August of last year.  Before our tenant moved in September 1, he redid our upstairs bathroom and her bathroom from scratch, painted said bathrooms/our bedroom/living room/dining room, started the nursery (still not quite finished), got a new roof, took down the old porch and made a new one, resurfaced the deck and stoop, installed a new outdoor lamp post...That's all I can think of off-hand but I'm sure there is more.  We picked up new couches, replaced some light fixtures.

Why am I telling you this?  We're continuing the renovations, starting this Spring.  Isaac is ripping apart the kitchen and downstairs bath and starting from scratch on both.  We'll redo the laundry room too, and paint everything, plus the two entry ways and guest bedroom.  Everything mentioned is getting new floors, too.  I'm so excited!  It'll be a lot of work but he got all that stuff done last Summer when he was only here on weekends, so I imagine this will be done quickly too.

We also got a trailer to camp out in at the lot for the Summer.  It's mainly a roof over our heads when we're out there in a few years building our future house.  Again, SO excited!

I was supposed to start school this semester but CUTV didn't have much to offer and not many people signed up for my classes so they were scratched.  Not impressed by this AT ALL but what can you do?  Hopefully I'll be able to find enough Summer courses to get my degree finished soon!!  I can't wait to go back.  I really miss school.

The in-laws have picked a location and date for their 30th anniversary cruise, which should be nice.  They're gone for three full weeks!  They'll have to catch up on their time with A when they get back.  They're going in April and return just in time for the birth of A's cousin!

Speaking of, Ryan's second daughter is due April 29.  I'm guessing she'll be born April 25.  I don't know why, I just picked that date and stuck with it.  It'll be a busy time of year for that family.  Once she's born, they'll have about three months to finalize their plans for their wedding (reception).  We all have so much to look forward to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment