Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 19: Something you miss

Sometimes I miss the carefree days of childhood, before I found out about death, failure, war, disease etc.  The world is basically perfect when you are young, and you are invincible.  I loved not having responsibilities and being able to just have fun with other kids.  There were always a ton of young ones around my house in the boonies (surprisingly) and we'd spend hours and hours chasing cows, running through hay bales, and playing in corn fields.  I miss those days.

I also miss eating pizza. I've been allergic since I was 12 to an additive or preservative of some sort. We haven't figured it out. It's not the healthiest thing on the planet but there are times when I would do just about anything for a slice.  It's just so cheap and convenient, and everyone loves it.

Once in a blue moon I admit that I miss the good days with both Jen and Erica.  I try not to dwell on those ones, as times have certainly changed.  We've all moved on with our lives in big ways.

I miss all of my friends who passed away long before their time.  That one's pretty self-explanatory.

I miss our old cat Missy and my brother's old dog Mia.

I miss Renee and her beautiful boys, all the way down in Florida.  I wonder how things could have been different.

No comments:

Post a Comment