Saturday, April 23, 2011

And so the countdown begins

Isaac's parents got home from their trip on Friday. Kerry has to work all weekend, though, so I won't see her until some time next week. I'm sure we'll hear all about their lovely Caribbean sun :)

We had Easter dinner at my parents place on Friday, since Kerry works all weekend. My mom actually does too but she was off at a decent time on Friday so we went for it. I cooked the ham and it turned out perfectly! Addison wore her new outfit Mom had gotten for her for Easter. I put red leggings on her instead of just the diaper cover because it was cool.

Cousins

I gave Addison her Easter basket early, simply because we were going out and I wanted her to wear her bonnet. She got that outfit, her dress she had worn to go see the Easter bunny, a book, and this bunny shaped teether (that she LOVES).

Baby in a basket

Addison and Morgan had a good time together, though Morgan was being super clingy and pretty fussy. All in all it was a good afternoon dinner.

Isaac had been looking at bikes recently and I woke up this morning to "Want to go to Ottawa?" Sure enough, he had fallen in love with one he had seen on Kijiji that was for sale in Kanata. I got out of bed at 8:30 and we were on the road around 9. It's in really good shape and it was a great deal, so he got what he wanted! While we were there, we grabbed some lunch and went to my old work to catch up with some old co-workers. Unfortunately with it being such a last minute trip on Easter weekend, not too many others were around. That just means we'll have to get up there again soon and give everyone a little notice!

Addison wasn't awake for very long but we brought her new teether and the FP Puppy to keep her company, just in case.

This is how she looked for most of our trip there and back (5-6 hours total).

Checking out Daddy's new ride

Next up: Isaac's driving to Guelph to get Laine tomorrow. My niece should be born any day now. Then it's my birthday. Then an election. Then Mother's Day. Then Morgan's birthday. Then Ryan's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment