Today I saw one of the worst videos online that I may have ever seen. I will not post the link here, as I do not want it associated with my Blog, but I do want to put in my two cents about it.
In the video, a 22 year old transgender female is seen exiting a McDonald's washroom, where two females jump her and beat her selfless. I do not condone violence. I have never been in a physical fight. Regardless, I have seen fights before, but none like this. Honestly, this is non-stop beating and beating for three minutes.
As if it's not bad enough that young girls are fighting in a McDonald's lobby (or at all, for that matter), the whole thing is caught on tape by an employee. People yell "Stop, stop," to no avail. At one point the girls leave but soon return and continue the fight. Employees are shown standing there watching, doing nothing to save their helpless customer.
I want to cry as I write this, and it gets worse from here. An elderly lady is shown stepping in to try and help (because no one else does). The girls try and fight her, while the one being bullied holds on to her for dear life. As the two girls are finally pushed to leave, one last blow leaves the wounded girl in a seizure on the floor. STILL no help. One employee (the camera man?) can be heard saying the cops are on their way, and that the girls better leave before they get there.
I'm watching Addison as I write this, and it makes me so sad to think that I've brought her into a world where people like this actually exist. This girl could have easily died! An argument is one thing. That would have been enough for me to step in as an employee or manager and ask them to cut it out. The cops and an ambulance certainly should have been called the minute the first punch was thrown. Furthermore, the girls should have been held there to be arrested upon the cops arrival.
It happened in Baltimore and I'm not too familiar with American law, but I've read that the girls (ages 14 and 18) have been charged with 2nd Degree Assault. The first will obviously be charged as a minor. No word on the victim's condition.
These girls should be charged with Attempted Murder and every single employee working that night should be charged and fired.
Update: The 22 year old male employee who filmed it has been fired. That's one step in the right direction.



No comments:
Post a Comment