I can't believe it had been ten years since we all saw each other last. My cousin's two girls are now 13 and 15, and exactly how you want your daughters to grow up. They're so polite and put together, fun, and helpful. They kept offering to help decorate and asking if anyone needed anything. They both have tons of friends and plenty of hobbies to keep them busy. We've since exchanged contacts so now we'll be making plans before another ten years passes!
Unfortunately the hair dresser cancelled at 9 pm Friday night. Whatabitch, I know. She said she no longer had time to come out for us, and expected everyone to go to her salon - and still wanted Nicole to fork over full price for everyone. I don't think so! It's too bad that Nicole was still stuck giving her her business, but thankfully the rest of us could say screw you and work it out on our own. Mom got a last minute spot on Saturday morning here in town and I did my own. It all looked perfectly fine and all was well again.
With plans having changed because of hair, we all had a bit more time in the morning on Saturday to do what we want. Some of us went for breakfast, and then immediate families met up at Nicole's mom's to get ready and take pictures. I can't wait to see them! The photographer was really nice and super casual. She wasn't afraid to get the silly shots as well as the put-together ones. Nicole had a lineup of who was getting their picture taken next, so it all went off quickly. I got mine done first, then Dad, so we could go back into town and let people into the hall.
6:30 rolled around and everyone got there, and the night began. Some people left earlier than anticipated, but - of course - the boys were still going strong well after midnight when I finally left.
I passed on breakfast Sunday morning so that Isaac and I could have a bit of time together with Addison before he had to pack up. Today's his first day back at work since February! We had to make sure he had everything and he headed out early to get everything sorted at the apartment in the city. I don't know how I'm going to do this without him five days a week, now that Addison is on the go!
Overall it was a great weekend. Everyone looked great and had fun, and it was SO good to finally see Mom's side of the family again. I didn't really take any pictures but I'll be sure to post one or two of the photographer's pics once I finally see them. I can't wait!
Congrats, big brother. I love you!! xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment