1. Five ways to win your heart: Hugs, acoustic guitar, smooth Kraft Peanut Butter, laughter, remembering the little things
2. Something you feel strongly about: Wrongful convictions, equal rights, music/gym/extra-curriculars throughout elementary and highschool, animal cruelty
3. A book you love: Anne of Green Gables, by LM Montgomery
4. Bullet your whole day:
- 730: Wake up, and don't go back to sleep, as per usual, thus dealing with a crank-ass all day
- 930: Drop of Mom's chairs at her place, get a load of manure from the farm for the new plants and have breakfast with MIL
- 1130: Come home with a sleepy baby that refuses to nap
- 1145: CRANK the music as loud as we possibly can against the door leading into the apartment, thanks to Rachel insisting on playing the sax at all times of day/night. We thought this might piss her off and teach her a lesson. It didn't work but it was funny, and therefore worth it. We went for a walk with it blaring.
- 1200: Visit Ryan and Nicole and their cranky babies. ADDISON TOOK HER FIRST STEPS! She walked back and forth about ten times, between Nicole and Isaac. So exciting!
- 1245: Go for a quick bike ride back up to the house with Isaac. The sax had stopped, so we shut off the music. Addison, in the mean time, didn't even care that we had left. She was content laying on the floor with Nicole, eating canteloupe.
- 230: Time to go home and clean up, and have a bite to eat. Perogies and bacon for dinner.
- 315: Isaac left for the week
- 316: Addison went right down in her nap, without a fuss, as soon as Isaac left. Go figure.
- 518: She's still sleeping, as I write. She hasn't made a peep.
6. Your views on mainstream music: When I listen to the latest top 20/any billboard these days, I imagine Neil Young and Bob Dylan tuning in and keeling over. What happened to song writers? Where have they all gone?
7. Five pet peeves: People who don't walk properly through hallways and sidewalks (not moving over, walking on the left, not turning wide etc), chewing with your mouth open, the misuse of homonyms, flicking quickly - and nonstop through TV or radio stations when you're with other people, the one student in lecture who asks 800000 questions
8. Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and toast, Lunch: Grilled cheese, yogurt and canteloupe, Supper: Perogies and bacon
9. Education is essential.
10. Put your music player on shuffle and list the first ten songs:
- 100 Miles: Blake Shelton
- You'd Better Go: Charlie Major
- Rock and Roll Music: The Beatles
- County Line: Sugarland
- The Best Man: Blaine Larsen
- New York State of Mine: Billy Joel
- Where Are You: Classified
- A Long December: Counting Crows
- Sweet Dreams: Beyonce
- This Year's Love: David Gray
12: Five guys whom you find attractive: Isaac, Tim McGraw, Ryan Gosling, Colin Ferrel, Ryan Reynolds
13. Your opinion about your body and how you feel about it: I'm starting to accept my brand-new, post-baby body. I'm smaller now than I was before I had Addison, and that's taking some getting used to. My belly makes me laugh, but it's all part of Mommyhood, no?
14. What you wore today: 3/4 sleeve black plaid shirt, jeans
15. Your zodiac sign and if it fits you: Taurus. Absolutely.
16. Something you always think "What if" about: I don't really think this often. Honestly. Maybe if I had finished school sooner or not gone back to highschool for a year. Maybe if I hadn't gotten pregnant so soon, or while I was in Ottawa. What if I hadn't gone to SK when I was 16? I don't know, that last one was long ago.
17. Something you're proud of: School. Are you sensing a theme here? I love school. I really do. I'm the first one in my family to really pursue a post-secondary education, and I am damn determined to finish it. It's important to me and my family, and I can't wait to show my daughter what I've accomplished, and how it's paid off for me.
18. A problem you have had: How about today's problem of having a cranky, cranky baby? *rips hair out
19. Five items you lust after: I wish I had a car, a coffee maker, more money, a degree, and braces
20. Your fears: Clowns, rivers, thunderstorms, anything happening to Addison
21. Your future: I hope to settle down in the woods with Isaac, Addison, and one more baby, as well as a goat, sheep, donkey, dog, and cat. He'll be working part-time or only during the Summer, and I will have used my degree to get a job in my field.
22. Your academics: See above and recent posts. I'm getting there.
23. Something that you miss: Having Kelly and Renee around all the time. I also miss having BBQs and nights at TG with the boys in Ottawa. I miss walking around campus. I miss Christina, before she moved way up north. I miss the flexibility of the call centre, and all the perks that came from being a lead.
24. Five words/phrases that make you laugh: Funky monkey (Renee), Bishop Jesus (Isaac)
25. Something you're currently worrying about: Finishing school online with a toddler running around, then paying for it.
26. Things you like and dislike about yourself: I'm honest, but sometimes to a fault. I don't have a filter. I'm impatient. I'm a loyal, trustworthy friend.
27. A quote you try and live by: The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter (E E Cummings)
28. Somewhere you'd like to visit: All of Canada, coast-to-coast, England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia
29. Five weird things you like: Dry cereal with a glass of milk
30: One thing you're excited for: Addison's birthday



No comments:
Post a Comment